Rhubarb Fruit Pastilles
A delicious little sweet treat!
Servings: 50 ish Pastilles
- Saucepan heavy bottom
- Measuring Jug
- Hand blender
- 200 g Rhubarb
- 200 g Apple
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Caster Sugar (for coating pastilles)
- 4 Leaves Gelatine
- 20 ml Grenadine (for colour)
- Peel the apple and chop into chunks along with the rhubarb.
- Place into heavy bottom sauce pan with 200g of sugar.
- Cook on medium heat until the fruit is breaking down into jam/compote consistency and then remove from heat.
- Add grenadine until and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more grenadine or sugar if required.
- Bloom gelatine in tepid water for several minutes; after bloomed add to compote and blend.
- Place mix onto an oiled baking tray and set; this will take a 1-3 hours.
- After set and chilled remove your sheet of fruit pastille and cut into desired sizes. Coat with caster sugar and enjoy!!!!!