I love onion bhaji's so why not give this recipe a try ideal with a bit of homemade raita and some mango chutney! The great thing with this recipe is that they are also gluten free!
Servings: 12 Medium Sized Bhaji’s
- Mixing Bowl
- Big Spoon
- Cook's Knife
- 2 Whole White Onions Finely sliced
- 100 g Gram Flour
- 0.5 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp Chilli Powder
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.5 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.5 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Whole Green Chilli De-seeded and finely chopped
- Soak the sliced onion in cold water while you make the base mix.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then add the chilli powder, turmeric, chopped chilli, coriander, cumin and a good sprinkling of salt.
- Mix in about 100ml of cold water to make a thick batter – add a splash more if it feels too stiff.
- Make into balls and fry at 150C in a deep fat fryer or shallow fry if you do not have access to a fryer.